* Dr. Cao Vu Quynh Anh, The University of Tokyo, Chair
* Assist. Prof. Nguyen Binh Minh, The University of Tokyo, Co-Chair
* Ms. Nguyen Dieu Linh, Nagasaki University, Coordinator
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Special Report estimated that we have reached 1 °C of global warming and climate change is accelerating towards the end of this century. Inevitable consequences and the impacts of COVID-19 urge society to advance quickly to cope with these pressing issues, aiming for the sustainable development of humankind. Such complex problems require not only the frontier knowledge of various disciplines but also collaborations across them and between the scientific community and society, including policymakers, practitioners, and residents.
Driven by such interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach, VANJ Conference 2022 offers this session on Frontier of Sustainability Science as an opportunity for all attendees to discuss the cutting-edge knowledge of various fields and to establish the foundations for global and local collaborations.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following.
– SDGs and the impacts of COVID-19
– Climate change mitigation and adaptation
– Disaster risk reduction and management
– Innovative technology in energy sector
– Economic perspective towards sustainability
– Environmental Policy
For more details: https://submit.vanj.jp/event/1/sessions/17/#20221127
Event Timeslots (1)
VANJ Conference 2022